First St. Patty's Day

So,..I have never really celebrated St. Patt's Day. I know, pretty lame I guess, but I just have never really payed much attention to it. I guess for one day out of the year, everybody can pretend to be Catholic and pretend that they are from Belfast or Dublin. Me and my buddy thought it would be funny to walk in the pub dressed in orange from head to toe with crosses on and play machine guns like what. The reactions would have been priceless. If you have no idea what I'm talking about, read your Irish history son. Last night I went out with some good friends and we celebrated. The same bar that we all play trivia at every Tuesday decides to have a cover tonight. Of course they did, $10 bucks. Not to bad really considering everything. Don't worry O'Toole's, I will still be coming back every Tuesday to play. As you can imagine all the Guiness shirts, me included, and Irish this and Irish that. I noticed how even the Bud Lights and Budweiser's that some people were drinking (lame in itself, especially on St. Patty's Day when everybody should be drinking an Irish brew of somekind) had green bottles. So funny, Great marketing once again by the makers of Budweiser. Whatever. Anyway, I had four beers, two Guinesses and two Smithwick's. I actually prefer Smithwick's over Guiness. I think it tastes better, but I'm sure some people would disagree. Overall, a good night of taking in the festivities and appreciating where we all pretty much come from in one shape or another down the line somewhere. I think it's important to embrace heritage and appreciate it, and even in some circumstances, toast to it and down a drink! So, here's to my first St. Patty's Day and may many more bring me good times and good friends! Next plan, me and my wife are going to Bradenton on Sunday to the beach and if I remember right,..i will tell you about a local burger joint that has been around for years that we ate at last time we were there..maybe include some pictures as well. Damn, I need to get better at this blogging stuff. More technological I guess,...hmmmm. Well,..see you around the bend.. Go eat and drink something that you have never had before and tell me what you think.. Afterall, that's why the hell I started this shit anyway. Have a good one!
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment