The Boss

I love Bruce Springsteen. I have to tell you this as I'm listening to his music this morning. There is something about this man and his band that just makes sense to me. Haven't figured it out yet, but that's okay. There is an honesty to his voice. Almost a message in some songs that he has. I remember when I was a senior in high school we had to vote on a senior song. I picked Glory Days by Bruce Springsteen. I had to write it in, and it never won, but I thought that was a fitting song to an end of an era. Through the years I have discovered his earlier work and have come to appreciate it more than the 80's "Born in the USA" and "Dancing in the Dark" days. Those are still good songs, but I tend to like 70's era better. Like I said, I was born in the wrong era. I really do not know many people my age that like him really. Bruce came out right in the middle of an era that was disco crazed and where it was hard to make it at the time. "Born to Run" had to succeed or he was getting dropped from his record label. It's funny how things work out. "Greetings from Asbury Park" and "Darkness on the Edge of Town" are great albums. It's hard to believe that they were not that successful. I have to say that Bruce is one of my top 5 artists of all time. If you do not own a Bruce album or if you have never listened to him before, i highly recommend finding "Born to Run" and listening to it. A great album with a lot to say. It stands the test of time. Tracks like "Backstreets" and "Jungleland" are reminders of life in a small town with dreams of something bigger. I think we can all relate to that feeling. Most of us have at some point or another thought of how we could leave where we are and transform our lives. I know I have. On that note I leave you with wishes for a good weekend and good beer, great friends and awesome times. Heading to Bradenton on Sunday to the beach! Can't wait. Take care,..and listen to what Bruce has to say, you might find out something about yourself.
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment