Lazy Sunday,..sort of

So,..Bradenton,..the weather really was not the greatest in the world. We had planned on flossing on the beach and eating fruits and granola bars out of our cooler and enjoying the sunshine. Not so much. It was cloudy, windy and raining. So,..we just hit all the Florida tourists shops. I know, I know,..same ole stuff and gimmics, but it's funny to see how other people react and respond to this stuff. It cracks me up. There was one good shop that was not so touristy that we enjoyed. Had homemade stuff and it was very creative. I actually bought my wife a necklace and bracelet combo that she did not see me buy, but I had to let her open the bag after we got out of the store. Lunch was at a local place called The Sandbar. Pretty good food,..had a Sam Adam's of course and we split an crabcake sandwich with hushpuppies. Pretty tasty. I recommend going there if you are ever in the area, good food, nice place that is right,.i mean RIGHT on the sand in Anna Maria Island. Bradenton is a very peculiar city I might add along with Ellenton. Total retirement city all the way. I mean,.left and right trailor parks and retirement villages with motor homes and those modular homes. It was also funny to see at the entrance to these places Florida flags AND Canadian flags. Hysterical. Florida makes me laugh sometimes. Someplaces are exactly what they seem to be, and there are places that are not. Bradenton is your stereotypical retirement area. Not for the Lanier's I don't think. So,.that's that. Really would have liked to gone to the Orlando Beer Festival this weekend, but didn't find out until last minute, but if you did tell me about it. If anybody reads this post besides me.,probably not. Monday is here in full swing. Going to dentist. Yea...Work,..yea,...real exciting. Oh,..the local place I was talking about in Bradenton was the Shake It,..yes, that's the name. Old School drive in sort of place. WE did not stop but saw it on the way there. We remembered it was known for milkshakes and after the beach food such as hotdogs and hamburgers. Definitely worth going there though, we just were not hungry at the time we passed by. Well, have a good Monday people,..see ya later.
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment